The Finance Director is responsible for the financial and administrative operations of the company. The Finance Director also serves as the agency liaison to the IT Managed Services Provider. The Finance Director has human resources oversight for payroll processing and maintaining regulatory compliance for payroll and other employee-related filings. This position is on a path for promotion to Chief Financial Officer.
- Manages the day-to-day financial operations of the organization.
- Oversees all client billing and works in close partnership with the Account Services team for the management of all client-related finance items.
- Responsible for the month-end close process and the preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements.
- Oversees the development of agency budgets and financial plans to include:
- Annual budget
- Monthly forecasts
- Actively manages agency cash flow.
- Provides oversight to Human Resources for the processing of payroll and administration of the 401k plan. Ensures compliance with all payroll and employee-related regulatory filings.
- Oversees all tax-related matters to include:
- Ensuring that systems for the capture and reporting of sales and use tax are operating in an effective manner and that sales and use tax reports are filed correctly and in a timely manner
- Working with agency’s CPA firm for the preparation of the annual tax return
- Ongoing tax analysis and planning with establishment and administration of tax policies and procedures
- Develops financial policies for management of assets and liabilities, including fixed asset/equipment plans
- Assures that accounting methods and procedures are appropriate for operations of the company and provide adequate financial controls. Develops new policies and procedures as required to support the financial needs of the company.
- Works in conjunction with CEO and/or President for the development of pricing/compensation structures for new business RFPs and the completion of new business proposals.
- Provides support to the President for the drafting of client scope of work/contract/LOA documents.
- Provides support for client compensation negotiations.
- Works in coordination with account services for the development of client estimates. Maintains estimate information for access to information for historical reference.
- Serves as the liaison to the agency’s IT Managed Services Provider (MSP) for the management of information systems for the agency. Plays an active role in the ongoing assessment of agency information systems and resources.
- Works with Human Resources for the processing of payroll and the submission of payroll and other employee-related regulatory filings.
- Works with insurance broker for the ongoing evaluation of insurance programs and pricing and provides recommendations to CEO for review and approval.
- Provide financial counsel to the CEO, President and leadership team to assess financial risk/benefit of operational initiatives and actions.
- Works in coordination with the CEO and President for the evaluation of agency’s physical office space and is involved in lease negotiations and the overall administration of physical office space.
- Hires, manages, develops and promotes team members.
- Effectively collaborates with all departments within the agency.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Experience and Education:
- Advertising agency experience highly desired.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree required in related discipline; MBA preferred.
- Five + years’ experience preferred.
- Must have strong problem-solving skills and detail orientation.
- Prior experience working in a small business environment is a plus.
The following characteristics are expected of each employee of the agency regardless of role or responsibility:
- Fearless: Of course we can do it. Absolutely. No doubt. Doesn’t matter if it’s the first time or the thousandth. We face and embrace and race through a changing world, brave because we have each other.
- Tenacious: Proactive by nature, optimistic by choice. Forward as a way of life. Solve as a mode of thinking. If you believe in something, sink your teeth into it and go, go, go.
- Passionate: Everything matters. Every client interaction. Every comma and every decimal. If it’s worth doing, it’s worth doing to the best of your ability.
- Me & We: What can you do to make your team successful? Find your moment, your specialty, your piece of the puzzle. And then own it for the greater good.