The IT Manager is responsible for the daily IT operations and infrastructure for two offices. This includes network, servers, storage, peripherals, video conferencing, presentation systems, software and computers. The IT manager shall provide daily support to VJ staff in the effective and efficient functioning of systems. Support will be provided via phone and personal interaction with employees.
The IT Manager will work in coordination with the Agency’s external IT/Network vendor for the administration of all IT systems.
Candidates must have excellent technical and management skills with demonstrated success in management of IT infrastructure, customer-service oriented user support and communication and collaboration with all departments in the organization.
Candidates must have experience with both Windows and MAC systems. Three (3) years’ experience in network administration in a mid-sized, service-oriented company is required.
- Provide IT/network support including the installation, configuration and maintenance of the software and hardware being used within the company.
- Investigate, troubleshoot, evaluate and resolve user issues over the phone, in person or through email/Slack communications.
- Working in coordination with external vendor, maintain all network systems and utilities including firewalls, switches and connectivity.
- Plan for technology refreshes. Anticipate, plan and, upon approval, implement technology refreshes.
- Deploy new systems to end users.
- Setup and perform troubleshooting as required for all agency presentations and meetings.
- Work with outside vendors as needed to repair systems.
- Maintain proper documentation for software licenses and hardware inventory.
- Accomplish financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures.
- Identify business process improvement opportunities and partner with operational departments to align existing technology or define new solutions to support and enhance workflow and operations.
- Any other duties which may be assigned.
Experience and Education:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Three to five years’ experience preferred. Advertising agency experience highly desired.
- In depth understanding of Microsoft networks and administration; experience with MAC OS
- Must have strong problem-solving skills and detail orientation.
- Must be able to work with limited supervision and exercise independent judgment in problem solving.
- Excellent customer service skills including documentation, organization, written and oral communication.
- Ability to multitask and support various groups of users
Prior experience working in a small business environment is a plus.
The following characteristics are expected of each employee of the agency regardless of role or responsibility:
- Fearless: Of course we can do it. Absolutely. No doubt. Doesn’t matter if it’s the first time or the thousandth. We face and embrace and race through a changing world, brave because we have each other.
- Tenacious: Proactive by nature, optimistic by choice. Forward as a way of life. Solve as a mode of thinking. If you believe in something, sink your teeth into it and go, go, go.
- Passionate: Everything matters. Every client interaction. Every comma and every decimal. If it’s worth doing, it’s worth doing to the best of your ability.
- Me & We: What can you do to make your team successful? Find your moment, your specialty, your piece of the puzzle. And then own it for the greater good.