The candidate for this position enjoys working in a fast paced, deadline oriented, advertising agency environment. Major duties involve providing support to the account supervisor while collaborating/defining projects with the extended agency team including production, creative, media, and operations. This candidate must be people oriented, enjoy working as part of a team and be highly organized. Previous agency experience is a requirement for this role.
The project manager sets deadlines, assigns responsibilities, monitors, and summarizes progress of projects to the account team. Should be familiar with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and procedures and be able to negotiate with different personalities to accomplish goals. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected to ensure project completion on time, and on budget. Two to four years’ experience in project management principles and practices is required.
- Be the communications hub between all agency team members.
- Provide daily end to end project management of all agency projects and workflow.
- Identify business process improvement opportunities and proactively partner with operational departments to align existing technology or define new solutions to support and enhance workflow and operations.
- Organizes internal status meetings and manages requirements for external client meetings.
- Maintains professional knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices.
- Agency Processes – works with teams to communicate and streamline workflow of agency processes, provides oversight that they are being followed correctly.
- Assists account supervisor with maintaining the budget and reports on variances and needs which are outside of the project scope.
- Flexibility with condensed timelines and changes. Not all projects align with the schedule planned.
- Win the confidence of the team, of other PMs, and of management.
- Any other duties which may be assigned.
- Excellent customer service skills including documentation, organization, written and oral communication.
- Ability to transfer knowledge to others via training or mentoring of staff; demonstrated ability to guide others through communication and learning.
- Ability to work well under pressure, juggles several projects concurrently, handle multiple deadlines, and prioritize multiple tasks under tight timelines.
- Ability to cultivate a collaborative work environment with a team. Able to effectively negotiate in order to settle differences and maintain positive relationships with external and internal clients.
- Ability to multitask and support various groups of users.
- Must be able to work with limited supervision and exercise independent judgment in problem solving.
Education and Experience:
- Working knowledge of MS Office/Project or other database applications on a PC platform.
- 2-year degree required, 4-year degree preferred.
- 2-4 years Project management/Team collaboration experience.
- Experience in negotiation skills and the ability to liaise between teams, ensuring everyone’s needs are met.
- Experience working on both creative and media projects.
- Experience with resourcing/managing team workloads.
- 1-3 years Agency experience. Basic understanding of print, digital, broadcast and events production.
- Experience with Workamajig a plus.
- Be comfortable managing and influencing people who are not direct reports.
The following characteristics are expected of each employee of the agency regardless of role or responsibility:
- Fearless: Of course we can do it. Absolutely. No doubt. Doesn’t matter if it’s the first time or the thousandth. We face and embrace and race through a changing world, brave because we have each other.
- Tenacious: Proactive by nature, optimistic by choice. Forward as a way of life. Solve as a mode of thinking. If you believe in something, sink your teeth into it and go, go, go.
- Passionate: Everything matters. Every client interaction. Every comma and every decimal. If it’s worth doing, it’s worth doing to the best of your ability.
- Me & We: What can you do to make your team successful? Find your moment, your specialty, your piece of the puzzle. And then own it for the greater good.